Friday, September 09, 2005

swimming

So… I’ve joined the Gallaudet swim team.

Awhile back I asked my roommate (who is a sophomore) what activities/groups/organizations on campus she had gotten involved in last year. She said she hadn’t been involved in a whole lot last year but was planning to join the swim team this year. She went on to tell me about how she wanted to get in the pool before practice actually started because she felt out of shape. I told her I would love to go swimming with her some time if she wanted company. And… she asked me about joining the team. As a visiting student I can’t compete (who knows… legal something something, I knew because Erin said she couldn’t join the track team) but I played with the idea of practicing and not competing. I got the coach’s email address from Keri and emailed him. He said so long as I could keep up and had a positive attitude he didn’t see any reason why I couldn’t practice with the team. So… I went, with some reservations, to the first day of practice yesterday and I had a great time! I get a way better workout when someone else is dictating it and there are other people to keep me going. Not to mention a set schedule to get me there in the first place. The team practices every afternoon (Monday-Friday) from 4:00-6:00… fits my schedule and isn’t too insane. Some of them will also practice Tuesday and Thursday morning from 6:00-8:00am but since I’m not competing I don’t have to do that. I get to practice, get exercise, meet people, and compete with only myself. A pretty good deal if you ask me. That’s all I’ve got about that, but if you have questions feel free to post ‘em!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home