Tuesday, March 21, 2006

day 7: legs on the wall

All of the primary schools in Melbourne have two weeks off for the Games. Unfortunately, I do not. So today I was on campus from 9:00am until 3:15pm. (With a nap in the System Gardens on campus for an hour in the middle of the day.) And then... I got my hair cut! It was badly needed. I called several places in the city and was told repeatedly that their haircuts started around $50. Then I discovered that there is a hairdressing school two blocks from my house: the Pivot Point Hair Design College. So I got a $15 haircut from a student named Luna who did a wonderful job! (I guess they knew they had to give me to someone who knew what she was doing when they saw my hair. She's in the final stages of one of the last levels of the certificate program. Her "educator" basically agreed with everything she said/did. As did I.) And then I worked on a paper that is due next week. And then I went grocery shopping. So there is some daily-life for you. In case you thought I didn't go to school or do homework or cook.

Then tonight I went down to the Arts Centre to see "Legs on the Wall: On the Case." 'Legs on the Wall' is the name of the physical theater group... 'On the Case' is the name of the performance piece, which was commissioned for Festival Melbourne 2006. There were four performers, each suspended from rigging and standing on the wall... perpendicular to the ground. And the piece was essentially a video game projected on the wall- the performers were the players. The performers interact with the projections in a way that makes the images... and the wall... appear three-dimensional. They run, they jump, they jump over each other, and they cartwheel… all sideways. I decided to just watch and not bother trying to get a good picture. Here is the image from the performance profile on the Festival Melbourne website:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home